Thursday, March 01, 2007

Paint it Iron!



Wow! Here's another awesome fully painted Iron Man contribution -- this time from the exceptionally talented Scott Seeto. I don't know if he did this one in natural media or digitally, but it kinda reminds me of the fully painted covers for the old Marvel TPB collections put out by Fireside books in the 70's. Of course, I only saw an FF, Captain America and Doctor Strange collection back then, but if they did a Iron Man one, well, this one would have made a hell of a great cover. I love the textures and the lighting in this painting and the care put into the background rendering. Thanks, Scott!

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Bob Larkin was his name, I think. I thought the same thing when I first laid eyes on this painting. There was never one for a TPB but he did do one for the Iron Man novel that came out around that time: "And Call My Killer... Modok!"

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Man, that's really good. Great job, scott!
Bob Larkin did one of my favourite Hulk pictures. You know, that one with the extreme close-up.

7:54 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

What a fun idea for a blog. I love Shell Head !! I'l have to contribute sometime.This peice is a beaut.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Ryan Cody said...

I have that FF Fireside book with a painted cover, I love it!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott prefers digital now, but this piece was done in oils.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you guys for the great compliments. I'll try and do another Iron Man piece to put up here in the future.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home